6.21.2019

Anger can escalate or dissipate...

"A man almost died today... but then I took a deep breath, centered myself, and then just walked away."

Sometimes our anger gets the best of us, but it's important to remember to breathe and walk away... sometimes after yelling why we're mad and flailing our arms around a tad.

Be Angry, But Be Conscious

I find that writing out what angers me allows me to better figure out the exact problem, narrow down solutions I would rather have, and even help let the issue go. Often, a strongly worded sentence is more powerful than a slew of angry words yelled out in the moment. Creating a scene is not my thing, but like everyone else: I get angry.

Have Productive Anger

This design is a humor-utilizing take on the many memes of the like floating around. I like to think it will remind me to breath, think through my anger, and have productive responses or no response. If you can't say anything nice, say nothing, right? I like to replace the word "nice" with "productive" because not all things worth saying can be considered nice, and sometimes you have to step on some toes to get your point across. The goal is just to step on toes though, and not to kick shins: that's just not productive.

So, here's the modern take on the serenity prayer. If you'd like to purchase this design, it can be found on the Red Press Threadless Shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment